Wednesday

The Power of Your Subconscious Mind (3)

The conscious mind is like the navigator or captain at the bridge of a ship. Your subconscious mind takes the orders from the captain (you) give it based upon what your conscious mind believes and accept as true.

When you repeatedly say to people "I can't afford it" then your subconscious mind takes you at your own word and sees to it that you will not be in a position to purchase what you want. As long as you persist in saying, "I can't afford that car, that trip to Europe, that home, or that fur coat", you can rest assured that your subconscious mind will follow your orders, and you will go through life experiencing the lack of all these things.

Last Christmas Eve a beautiful young university student looked at an attractive and rather expensive traveling bag in a store window. She was going home to Buffalo, New York for the holidays. She was about to say "I can't afford that bag" then she remembered about the statement she used to hear "Never finish a negative statement; reverse it immediately, and wonders will happen in your life".

Then she said "that bag is mine. It is for sale. I accept it mentally, and my subconscious sees to it that I receive it".

At eight o'clock Christmas Eve her fiance presented her with a bag exactly the same as the one she had looked at and mentally identified herself with at ten o'clock the same morning. She had filled her mind with the thought of expectancy and released the whole thing to her deeper mind which has the "know-how' of accomplishment.

Dune

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

~Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear