Friday

Building Fast Links

One typical newbie mistake is to go for the full she bang one moment and lose focus entirely the next.

That is simply no good! In any given month, if you throw 100 incoming links at a site of yours in one week, and only 10 the week after, followed by maybe 4 in week #3 and 6 in week #4 – that's inconsistent. You'd get way more power out of your linking activities if you were to spread those 120 links more evenly across the entire month.

Of course it wouldn't do to be too mechanical about it, either. So rather than churn out 30 links a week (4x30 = 120) like a clockwork, do maybe 25 in week #1, perhaps 32 links in week #2, another 35 links in week #3 and the balance of 28 links' worth in week #4, varying the mode again the following month.

So decide for yourself what maintainable consistent link building rate you're most comfortable with and take it from there.

Happy and successful linking!

Dune

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

~Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear