Thursday

Spam Or Abuse Articles

Have you ever come across with people who simply report or comment your site or your article as spam or abuse?

Such people love to irritate people with bad intentions. The victims are always bloggers. I have experienced with these type of people. They simply commented my article as spam at one of social bookmarking sites. They claimed I submitted my own article, so it's regarded as spam. Is it really spam if you submit your own articles in any social bookmarking site? I don't think so. Social bookmarking sites are very useful tools to drive traffic to your site. Everybody submit their own articles to social bookmarking and at the same time bookmark other people sites. It's a win-win situation for bloggers.

One of the people that I found doing such thing is a lady named Keri Morgret of (www.morgretdesigns.com) who claimed that she is SEO expertise. She once commented one of my original articles (I just started blogging that time) in one of social bookmarking sites as 'spam'. Then she commented another article about my site ranking with stupid question "How many links that you point to this site?", then she listed down all my three blogs, in a way claiming that I have manipulated my search ranking by pointing all that three blogs to this site (Refer this article for SEO and search ranking). Can you really manipulate the search ranking by having only three blogs linking to your site? And later which is the worst, she submitted negative comments on my site at other people's blog/site. Her comment is irrelevant to the article on that site. She purposely pointed my name as I had given my comment for that article. She tried to deliver the message to me through other people's site and at the same time accused me stealing content from her site and commented many content from my site are not my own and my content are not relevent. Isn't it immoral? Is it an appropriate action by someone who claimed herself as SEO expertise? Hey look, you can comment on any articles from the owner's site BUT NOT from other people's site. I don't mind receiving her comments on my site which is ordinary for all bloggers, but condemning me and my site at other people's site is really pissing me off.

And in one of her articles, she mentioned that she reported many sites to Google which she thinks violating internet rules, but no action is taken by Google. That really shows what type of person she is (A Sabotager). She simply likes to interfere with other people's site and simply report the site as abuse although that particular site has done nothing to harm her or her site.

She is better off not to interfere with other people's site unless, the site or that person violated her policy or rights.

As you can see, there are some articles here copied from ezinearticles, which is free and legal and I did post the author's name. The rest are my own including this one. People like Keri Morgret is very dangerous for bloggers and for new bloggers who would like to maintain their sites. Is it fair if you find your blogs/sites suddenly being banned or penalized by Google or Yahoo caused by these type of people?

Is it wrong if there are some irrelevant topic on your sites? I don't think so. It's your site, so you can do whatever you want with your site. Blogging gives freedom to write....that's the true message. But submitting negative comments about people and their sites on other people's site/blog with the intention to tarnish such blogger's image or reputation is WRONG!

So beware and do watch out for these people who simply want to sabotage your site!

Dune

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

~Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear